A map of Krakow shows the most important buildings in the city. Grey colour marks public buildings, red the monuments, grey stars synagogues, red lines the tram lines, letters show schools, green surfaces with letter P mark parks, with green crosses Catholic cemeteries, and green surfaces with round signs Jewish cemeteries. The back shows the surroundings of Krakow and lists streets.
Depicted are most important buildings in the city, among them also the modern, newly constructed buildings, such as the airport, opened in 1931, Miejski Dom Wycieczkowy, built between 1930 – 1931, the Feniks Building, finished in 1938, and the National Museum, which is still marked as under construction. They started building the Museum in 1934, but the construction was interrupted by the German invasion of 1939, when more than 1000 artefacts from the museum were seized by the Germans.
According to the buildings on the map, the lithography can be dated just before German invasion in the autumn of 1939.
The map was designed by an engineer Stanisław Mieczysław Wyrobek (1903 - 1979), a Polish miner and geophysicist, specialist in oil and natural gas fields. He studied at the Mining Academy in Cracow, where he obtained the diploma of a miner engineer. In the years 1930-32 he worked as a measuring engineer in Silesia. In 1933-1936 Wyrobek studied at the University of Strasbourg where he obtained a degree in geophysics. In 1938, he founded his own geophysical company with its registered office in Lviv. Until the outbreak of war, he conducted seismic research.
In September 1939 he was recruited into the army as a lieutenant in the reserve of the sappers, and entered Britain through Yugoslavia and France in 1940. There he was sent to the Commission of Fortifications of Pomerania by the First Polish Army Brigade in Scotland. During WWII, in the years 1941-45, he prepared scientific work at the University of Andrews, Scotland, for which he earned a Ph.D. After WWII he worked as specialist in oil and natural gas fields all over the world.