Watercolour, with pen, partly heightened with white wash over pencil, on grey paper watermarked Carl Schleicher & Schüll, partially mounted each with original annotations (Very Good, minor crease marks and slight peripheral wear, lovely bright colours) 4 of the watercolours: each folio size; other 4: each large 4°.
This is a collection of eight exceedingly well-drafted original watercolour designs for metalwork luxury objects, including lamps, writing sets, picture frames and tableware. Made in Germany around 1900, the designs accord to the contemporary Art Nouveau and Rococo Revival styles. While the artist remains anonymous, the watercolours were evidently drafted by a highly skilled professional, as final drafts for the craftsmen who were to create the actual objects depicted.
The collection includes designs for:
1) An Art Nouveau silver inkstand with lamp.
2) A 5 piece silver writing set.
3) An Art Nouveau floral lamp.
4) An elaborate Rococo Revival lamp with a pink glass shade.
5) A Rococo Revival lamp with a green shade.
6) A pair of Art Nouveau silver picture frames.
7) A trio of Art Nouveau silver picture frames.
8) A Rococo Revival silver bowl.